Tributes left for A31 crash victim, Jade Clark
9:00am Saturday 2nd March 2013
A BANK of floral tributes has been placed outside Ringwood Fire Station for crash victim Jade Clark.
Some of them include the bouquets which had been placed at the scene of the crash and moved to the station at the request of Jade’s family.
Letters and messages left at the station include a touching tribute from passer-by who was caught up in traffic near the accident. They wrote: “So upsetting to read the story in the Echo, let’s just hope that your family and friends can get through this toughest of times. RIP Jade and God bless.”
Another tribute from the station’s Young Firefighters Association said: “Words cannot describe how much we will miss you.”
Watch Manager Kevin Morrison, who leads the Young Firefighters Association at Ringwood, said: "The news about Jade has shocked us all and we have been providing as much support as possible to her fellow Young Firefighters at Ringwood.
"The amount of flowers and tributes laid in honour of Jade has been quite overwhelming and show how well-loved and popular she was.
"We have been in close contact with Jade's family and we will continue to support them through this extremely difficult time."
- Jade Clark's hit and run killer Brian Hampton has appeal dismissed
- Devastated family of Jade Clark collect thousands of signatures calling for lower speed limit on A31
- Dorset Police: search for driver in Jade Clark death crash was largest ever inquiry
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: I'll never forgive him: mum's anguish as Brian Hampton is jailed for six years over Jade Clark death crash
- Family of Jade Clark: we've been warmed by "overwhelming" support from the public
- Brian Hampton "totally heartless" for fleeing crash scene, says Jade Clark's dad
- Jade Clark death crash: police examined more than 1,500 Volvo XC90s to find hit-and-run driver
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: "She was my friend as well as my daughter" - mum speaks of devastation at losing Jade
- Jade Clark death crash: "I wasn’t aware there was an accident”, says driver Brian Hampton
- Jade Clark death crash driver Brian Hampton jailed for six years
- Jade Clark death crash: "I did not hit that poor girl on the scooter”, accused wrote in letter to wife
- Jade Clark death crash: police tell jury findings from investigation of the crash scene
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Jade Clark death crash - Driver Brian Hampton 'attempted to evade justice', court hears
- Jade Clark death crash: Day two of the Brian Hampton trial
- Jade Clark death crash: Day one of the Brian Hampton trial
- Jade Clark death crash: Brian Hampton trial due to start today
- Driver pleads guilty to causing death of Jade Clark
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Memorial garden for A31 crash victim Jade Clark opened in Ringwood
- Memorial garden for Jade Clark will open on her 17th birthday
- Police chiefs unite to discuss slower speed limits on A31 following death of Jade Clark